On April 27th the Local organizing committee (LOC) made the decision about the recipients of partial financial support to attend the 17th Castle meeting and adjacent short course on the use of magnetic susceptibility in Earth Sciences.
There were 8 valid applications for the announced call for support. The LOC decided that all of them will get some degree of support, as all of applicants really deserve it, due to their significant scientific background and especially their expressed motivation to attend the course and improve their knowledge about magnetic susceptibility in Earth Sciences.
When making a decision, besides their scientific background, we paid special attention to local situation in country of applicant (e.g. war in Ukraine, etc.).
Partial financial support will be given in the form of discounts for both registration fees – for the short course and for the Castle meeting. So, after a detailed consideration of all the details, following decision was obtained:
- Oleksandr Menshov, Ukraine – discount 100% (registration fees free of charge)
- Maxwell Kanu, Nigeria – discount 50%
- JoãoCarlos Cerqueira, Brazil – discount 40%
- Romina Achaga, Argentina – discount 40%
- Hakan Ucar, Czech – discount 40%
- Sanja Sakan, Serbia – discount 40%
- Josip Peco, Croatia – discount 40%
- Sarvendra Pratap Singh, India – discount 40%
We congratulate our young colleagues – winners of this call for support and we sincerely hope that this discount will help them at least a bit to attend the Castle meeting and short course.
On behalf of the local organizing committee,
Dr. Stanislav Frančišković-Bilinski.